The Self-Serve Resource Room, located on the street level, is your first point of contact with WorkBC Maple Ridge. All British Columbia residents have access to the services of all WorkBC Resource Rooms.
When you first visit us you will register with WorkBC at reception and complete a short intake assessment to determine the services you are eligible for.
An Employment Advisor will provide an orientation of the Centre and the tools and resources available to help you begin your job search. A Job Board is located onsite that lists current employment opportunities. Local employers often host Job Fairs and Hiring Events at the Resource Room so be sure to ask an Employment Advisor about upcoming events.
The Self-Serve Resource Room offers these service areas:
1. A staffed resource area for using job search tools and information that includes:
- computer workstations
- internet access
- public telephones
- fax machines
- photocopy services
- informational materials
2. Job search and job start workshops
3. Job search and job start financial supports for eligible clients who need help getting started in a new job or need help looking for work.
Self-Serve clients are encouraged to attend our Job Start Workshops to launch their employment search. Stop by or contact a Resource Room Advisor about upcoming dates and times and to register.
- Cover Letters
- Networking and the Hidden Job Market
- Interview Skills
- Interview Skills Follow Up
Need more information? Contact the WorkBC Maple Ridge Self-Serve Resource Room
#170-22470 Dewdney Trunk Road, Maple Ridge
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm.